It’s no secret that the curb appeal of your home here in the Mountain Home, AR area has a huge impact on how it is perceived and its overall value. People typically make decisions about a home in just a few seconds, so it’s important to make sure yours stands out from the crowd. For those looking to improve the curb appeal of their home, here are some tips from us at Affordable Insurance Inc to help you get started:
Tips to improve your home’s curb appeal
1. Start with the front door.
A bright, vibrant-colored door can give your home an instant lift and give passersby a good first impression. To give your door extra character, consider adding house numbers, welcome signs or other small decorations that can bring personality to your entryway.
2. Add plants and landscaping elements to your yard.
Adding a few well-chosen plants and shrubs will add color and texture to your yard that can really enhance its beauty. If you don’t want to permanently plant anything, opt for potted flowers or hanging planters instead.
3. Paint or replace old shutters and window frames.
This is an easy way to instantly transform the look of your home without breaking the bank. If painting isn’t an option due to time constraints or budget restrictions, consider replacing them entirely with more modern designs for a fresh update that won’t go unnoticed!
4. Upgrade lighting fixtures outside your home.
Lighting at night can really bring out the best features of a property, so investing in quality outdoor lighting is worth considering if you want people to notice your home day or night!
Keep Your Home Insurance Policy Updated
For more tips, give us at Affordable Insurance Inc a call today. We are proud to serve the Mountain Home, AR area.
When looking into home insurance, it’s important to ensure you understand the different types of coverage available. Affordable Insurance Inc. provides residents of Mountain Home, AR with reliable protection for their homes and personal belongings by providing comprehensive coverage for both homeowners and renters.
Dwelling Coverage: Protecting Your Home’s Structure
The first on our list is Dwelling Coverage. This type of coverage helps protect your home from damages due to certain risks, such as fire, severe storms and hail, lightning strikes, and more. It will also provide compensation for necessary repairs or replacement needed as a result of damage caused by these hazards.
Personal Property Coverage: Safeguarding Your Belongings
Personal Property Coverage is the second type of home coverage you should consider. This type of coverage helps to protect your belongings, such as furniture and appliances, in the event that they’re damaged or destroyed by covered risks. It can also provide assistance with replacing personal items if they’re stolen.
Liability Coverage: Covering Legal Expenses and Damages
The third type of coverage you should consider is Liability Coverage. This coverage helps protect you in the event that someone is injured on your property or if you’re sued for damages caused by you or a family member. It can provide assistance with legal defense costs, as well as help cover medical expenses and other related costs associated with an incident.
Additional Living Expenses Coverage: Providing for Temporary Relocation
Finally, you may also want to consider Additional Living Expenses Coverage. This coverage can help with the costs associated with temporarily relocating if your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered risk and you need to stay elsewhere while repairs are being made.
We Are Here To Help!
These are just a few of the different types of home insurance coverage available through Affordable Insurance Inc., so make sure to speak with one of our skilled agents today to help you decide which type of coverage is right for your needs for your Mountain Home, AR property. With the right coverage, you can rest easy knowing that your home and belongings are properly protected in case of any unforeseen events.
As the leaves begin to change color and fall from the trees, it’s time to start thinking about preparing your house for winter.
Preparing your Mountain Home, AR house for winter doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By taking care of a few necessary items on your list, you can rest assured that your home will be protected all season long. And if you’re looking for comprehensive coverage for your home, look no further than Affordable Insurance Inc. We’re here to help you find the right policy for your needs so you can focus on enjoying the winter months ahead worry-free!
To prepare your house for winter, take the following steps:
Check Your Gutters and Downspouts
As the temperatures drop, it’s essential to ensure your gutters and downspouts are clear of leaves and debris. Clogged gutters can cause ice dams on your roof, leading to severe damage.
Inspect Your Roof
Your roof is one of the most critical parts of your home, so it’s crucial to inspect it regularly. Look for any missing or damaged shingles and ensure no leaks. Make any necessary repairs before the winter weather hits.
Protect Your Pipes
Frozen pipes are one of the most common problems homeowners face during winter. To prevent this, ensure all exposed pipes are adequately insulated. You should also keep your thermostat set to at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
Update Your Home Insurance Policy
One of the most important things you can do to prepare your Mountain Home, AR home for winter is to ensure your home insurance policy is up-to-date. At Affordable Insurance Inc, we can help you find a policy that fits your needs and budget. We understand that every family is different, so we offer various coverage options. Contact us today to get started!
As the temperature goes down and the thermostat goes up, it is time to get your home ready for the cold weather. As the days get shorter and you get out the sweaters, scarves, and mittens, it’s time to think about all the things that you need to do before the winter winds hit. At Affordable Insurance Inc in Mountain Home, AR, we have been striving to provide the finest in customer service since 1995. We realize that happy customers are the foundation of our business.
Clear outdoor areas
If you have faucets that you use outdoors in warm weather, the danger of freezing weather becomes a reality. It is time to drain them and shut them off. While you are at it, bring in any hoses that might be outdoors. Time to take the outdoor lawn furniture and store it away until the warm weather returns.
Get the furnace cleaned
Before it is time to turn on the furnace, it should be inspected and cleaned. This makes it more efficient and you won’t get an unpleasant surprise the first time you turn it on. Check the batteries on your carbon monoxide detector and smoke detector.
Clean the chimney
If you have a fireplace, cleaning the chimney is a must before you light your first fire of the year. This is a job best done by a professional.
Check for leaks
Get a caulk gun and check your windows and doors for places where the heat can escape. A little caulk can save you a lot of money.
Change from screens to windows
If you have been using screens during the warm weather, it is time to put down the storm windows. This goes for storm doors too.
Contact Affordable Insurance Inc in Mountain Home, AR to talk about your home insurance needs.
Purchasing the homeowners insurance that is right for you and your home can be confusing, especially for first-time buyers. By learning the basics on how to get the most for your money, you can save on your homeowners insurance and feel confident you have adequate coverage. Affordable Insurance, a leading provider of homeowners and auto insurance, offer these tips to lead you in the right direction when you purchase your homeowners insurance.
- Raise your deductible. Companies generally have deductibles (what you pay before your insurance policy kicks in) starting at $500. By choosing a higher deductible ($750,
$1,000, $2500 or higher), you’ll have lower annual premium payments.
- Consider how much insuring a new home will be. The age of your home may qualify you for savings because plumbing, heating and electrical systems of newer homes have lower risks than outdated systems. Construction of the home (brick versus wooden frame) can affect your cost as well, depending on your home’s location. Also, if you live near your local fire department, your homeowners rates might be lower than if you are many miles away.
- Insure your home, not your land. Since homeowners policies don’t provide protection for your land, it would be a waste of money to include its value as part of your dwelling coverage, which should only reflect the price it would cost to repair or replace your home’s structure.
- Insure your car and home with the same company. You can save money if you have more than one type of policy with the same insurance company. The more good business you give the company, the more valuable you are as a
- Improve home security and safety. If your home has certain types of fire alarms, burglar alarms, locks, or smoke detectors, you’ve reduced your risk and may qualify for a
- Look for senior discounts. If you are at least 55 years old and retired, your insurance company may offer you a discount. Retirees often spend more time at home and are more likely to spot trouble and prevent a
- Stay with one insurer. If you keep your coverage under one insurer for several years, you may be offered a discount from the company. The longer you are a customer, the more money you will likely end up
- Compare the limits in your policy to the value of your possessions at least once a year. If you make any major purchases or additions, you want to ensure they will be covered, but you do not want to spend more than is
Established in 1995, Affordable Insurance is an independent insurance agency offering a full range of insurance products including AUTO, HOME, LIFE, HEALTH, BUSINESS.
For information and quotes on insurance coverage, please visit Affordable Insurance at one of our locations 635 Hwy 62 East Mountain Home, Arkansas; 816 East Main Street Flippin, Arkansas; 324 Highway 62 65 North Harrison, Arkansas or call 870-425-6079.
Welcome 2021 with an insurance checkup. Contact us at Affordable Insurance 870-425-6079 for a review of your insurance coverage.